[cvsnt] Re: Latest updates

Tony Hoyle tmh at nodomain.org
Fri Nov 22 22:49:59 GMT 2002

Bo Berglund wrote:

> OK,
> so taginfo is changed. Very good!
> Do you have a description on exactly what it does or do I have to
> experiment? Is there a config switch between the new and old way? I
> need to know the exact format of what is put on StdIn and what is sent
> as command line params.

It's in the comments in the taginfo file when you do 'cvs init'.  The text
is:

The "taginfo" file is used to control pre-tag checks.
The filter on the right is invoked with the following arguments:

$1 -- tagname
$2 -- operation "add" for tag, "mov" for tag -F, and "del" for tag -d
$3 -- repository

The filter is passed a series of filename/version pairs on its standard
input

A non-zero exit of the filter program will cause the tag to be aborted.

> Given this I can proceed with my taginfo handling. I have already
> tested the new method on the self-compiled version I have, but it
> would be good to have an authoritative description. :-)
>
> And what is the final answer on the embedded space handling? Escaped
> by one or two backslashes?

Hopefully one, because that's all that should be needed.  I'm not 100% sure
I've got all the places it's done changed though.