[cvsnt] Re: Using InnoSetup?

Martijn Laan mlaan at nospam4me.cs.vu.nl
Mon Nov 25 18:00:59 GMT 2002

Hi,

On Mon, 25 Nov 2002 11:51:44 GMT, tmh at nodomain.org (Tony Hoyle) wrote:
>ATM Installshield does the job and I can't see a compelling reason to
>change.

Personally I find the modify/repair/uninstall your Setup uses on a
update kind of confusing: I don't want to modify my components
selection (it's great!), I don't want to repair anything (it's working
fine!) and I certainly don't want to uninstall it (I love my cvsnt!).
Only by testing I've found that 'repair' seems to just update the
current installation.

>InnoSetup doesn't handle services natively, anyway, so that's
>no good (extra addons don't count, *especially* pascal ones! (I
>thought that language had been consigned to history where it
>belongs)).

The Pascal you have in mind and the Pascal used by Delphi and the
'addon' (it's not an addon) are very much different.

Greetings,
Martijn Laan