[cvsnt] Re: Using InnoSetup?

Tony Hoyle tmh at nodomain.org
Mon Nov 25 11:51:44 GMT 2002

On Sat, 23 Nov 2002 20:12:48 GMT, mlaan at nospam4me.cs.vu.nl (Martijn
Laan) wrote:

>Hi,
>
>On Fri, 15 Nov 2002 01:46:47 +0000, "Tony Hoyle" <tmh at nodomain.org>
>wrote:
>>Plus I prefer the more 'professional' look of IS.
>
>What do you mean? How does it look more professional?

Users expect Installshield, as they're used to it.  I've seen a few
third party installers and the tend to be a bit yucky.

ATM Installshield does the job and I can't see a compelling reason to
change.  InnoSetup doesn't handle services natively, anyway, so that's
no good (extra addons don't count, *especially* pascal ones! (I
thought that language had been consigned to history where it
belongs)).