[cvsnt] How to inform user of empty log message during commit

Bo Berglund Bo.Berglund at system3r.se
Thu Nov 28 08:34:22 GMT 2002

The CVSROOT/commitinfo script handles checks before the commit is accepted.
If the commitinfo process returns a nonzero value then the commit
is aborted.
Do something omething like this in the commitinfo processor:
1. Read the commitinfo data, in your case especially the log message
2. Check that the user has conformed to your requirements
3. If OK then resturn 0 after doing nothing
4. If some error then print a message to standard out then exit with code 1
This makes the commit fail and the user sees your message on his console.

/Bo