[cvsnt] RE: authentication issue 'Permission denied'

keinespams at gmx.de keinespams at gmx.de
Thu Nov 28 11:07:21 GMT 2002

Hi,

the following was already discussed on the list, but unfortunately it did
not help me. The person ("Babbula") asking the question does not respond to my
mail, so I have to ask you people for help.

> On Thu, 27 Dec 2001 18:18:16 +0000 (UTC), "Babbula"
> <babbula at hotmail.com> wrote:
>
> >unrecognized auth response from 192.168.168.10: cvs pserver: E cannot
open =
> >c:/cvs/CVSROOT/config: Permission denied.
> >

> This file is accessed before the service drops priviliges, so SYSTEM
> needs read access as well as the users.  Check the access to the
> parent directories as well.
>
> Tony

I get exactly the same error ("cannot open ...config"). I have checked the
directory tree: Both "System" and "Everyone" have full read/write access to
all directories.
The CVS repository is on a NT-server in a domain.

Is there a way to check if SYSTEM really has access to the config file? What
else can I do?

The problem is that I am not allowed to touch that server myself. The only
person to handle it is our administrator, and he is out of his wits...

The command I am trying to issue is to add users for the pserver protocol:

C:\>cvs passwd -a haag
cvs [passwd aborted]: unrecognized auth response from ALI: cvs server: E
cannot open G:/cvs/cvsrepo/TEST/CVSROOT/config: Permission denied

C:\>dir g:\cvs\cvsrepo\test\cvsroot\config

Directory of g:\cvs\cvsrepo\test\cvsroot

21.11.02  08:43                    608 config

Thanks for your help!

Achim
<keinespams at gmx.de>