[cvsnt] cvs2ntslib.dll

johna john.mlist1 at arrizza.com
Wed Oct 2 08:36:10 BST 2002

"Bo Berglund" <Bo.Berglund at system3r.se> wrote in message
> I don't understand why you need this dll at all. I sure don't have it on
my system
> and I can:
> - Run CVSNT server
> - Run WinCvs 1.3
> - Compile CVSNT
> - Compile WinCvs
When I bring up wincvs, select a file in the right-hand pane, and click on
the toolbar button "Add Selected",
I get two new lines in the log pane:

cvs add x.txt (in directory D:\projects\src\alphacalc)
Error: Unable to load the library cvs2ntslib.dll

> But I can see that there is a project file within cvsgui that is called
cvsntlib.dsw,
> so maybe what you are referring to concerns WinCvs rather than CVSNT?
It's possible...

> Trying to build it results in a list of 76 errors caused by missing header
files thoug.
> I think that this is an outdated file and maybe the dsw file was not taken
out from the
> revision of cvsgui?
> No sight of a cvsntslib though....

I've tried recompiling the cvsntlib.dsw and it compiles fine on my machine,
lots of warnings but the dll is created. I put the dll in the PATH and I
still get the same message.

Then I renamed the cvsntlib.dll to cvsntslib.dll and the message went away.
I got a dialog box asking about my home directory which I filled in (there's
no .cvsrc in there though). The message I got was:

cvs add x.txt (in directory D:\projects\src\alphacalc)
cvs add: unknown method in CVSroot: :ntserver:D:\WinCvsRep\TEST

cvs [add aborted]: Bad CVSROOT.

Garbage collection : purged 14 allocations

*****CVS exited normally with code 1*****

It seems "better" than before...

John