[cvsnt] cvs [update aborted]: Couldn't connect to named pipe on remote machine: Error 53

Lars Houmark lars at removenospam.houmark.com
Fri Oct 4 15:34:16 BST 2002

Hi there,

I've installed CVSNT on a WIN2K machine, almost without problems.

Locally it all works fine, but this week I got a remote office. I use my
notebook both at home (locally) and at the office (remotely from the cvsnt
server). At home theres no problems at all. When beeing at the office i
cannot connect to the server at all. I tried the following:

- pserv, opening the port 2401 on the server with both UDP and TCP.
- ntserver
- SSH, installing an SSH server, opening ports and so on.

Actually I've tried everything I think I can, but always with the same
error:

cvs [update aborted]: Couldn't connect to named pipe on remote machine:
Error 53

What I am doing wrong. Could someone help me with a solution that works ? A
complete guide ? I have followed the guide on this webpage, and all ports
should be open.  http://www.devguy.com/fp/cfgmgmt/cvs/cvs_admin_nt.htm

I have 3 projects which I am suppose to finish very soon, so I am really in
pain here, please help me soon :)

Regards

Lars Houmark
lars at removenospam.houmark.com