[cvsnt] CO module from CVSNT repo to local dir

Bob Murdoch ram5_remove_ at erols.com
Tue Oct 8 21:29:54 BST 2002

I've a folder that I keep all of my projects in (each project in a
subfolder).

I previously maintained my CVS with the local protocol to a network
drive, with WinCVS 1.0.3.

I now have another developer who is working on a sub-project, so I setup
CVSNT.  We are using WinCVS 1.3, sspi protocol.  He was able to checkin
his module.  However, I am unable to check it out into a new folder in
one of the above subfolders that were/are controlled by the older
version of WinCVS local protocol.  The error is simply that the module
doesn't exist.

If I try to check out to another folder heirarchy that has nothing to do
with the old cvs, then everything works.

My question - Is it possible to have a folder controlled by the old cvs,
and checkout a module into this folder (thereby creating a subfolder)
with the new WinCvs/CvsNT?

tia,

Bob M..