[cvsnt] Files were added in the same directory as repository.

Brian Kowald bkowald at tiltrac.com
Thu Oct 10 21:13:24 BST 2002

Hi,

First, here are my versions of CVSNT and WinCVS:

Client: Concurrent Versions System (CVSNT) 1.11.1.3 (Build 57a)
(client/server)
Server: Concurrent Versions System (CVSNT) 1.11.1.3 (Build 57h)
(client/server)

Today I was adding some files to the cvs using the Add command in WinCVS.  I
went to pull them on another system and they weren't there. I looked in the
repository by just browsing to it and they werent' there either. I then went
back to the computer I added them from and did an UPDATE. I got a message
that the files were no longer in the repository and it removed them.

After looking around the repository some more I found them in the repository
root directory (Along side my main module and CVSROOT). This directory
should have only two things in it: CVSROOT and my one and only module so
far.

What should I do now? I have added the files again and they are in the right
place now. Should I just delete the files in the wrong place?

Thanks,
Brian
Brian Kowald
Engineer