[cvsnt] Re: Permission problem with cvs...

Tony Hoyle tmh at nodomain.org
Sun Oct 13 10:54:47 BST 2002

On Sun, 13 Oct 2002 11:47:56 +0200, Bo Berglund wrote:

> Now I wanted to automate the setup builds and found that I need to use
> pserver for this since the setup script should be possible to execute
> by anyone. So I added a new user via cvs passwd called setupmgr and
> aliased him to my own login.
> This new user can log in fine but as soon as he executes the cvs
> operations there is an error message like this:
> "can't create temporary directory D:\CVSTEMP/cvs-serv1848" (the number
> varies from time to time)

Open the directory to 'everyone', start a large checkout/in and check the
permissions of the temp directory whilst it's still there.  That'll tell
you who is trying to create it.

Setup an interactive shell as SYSTEM (at <now+1 minute> /INTERACTIVE
cmd.exe) then try to change directory/make directory & see if it works.

> Is there some problem with the impersonation so that when I log in via
> pserver as setupmgr I am not properly aliased to DOMAIN\bob as I
> thought?

If DOMAIN is the default domain for the server and it's let you in then it
should have worked.