[cvsnt] Re: Permission problem with cvs...

Tony Hoyle tmh at nodomain.org
Sun Oct 13 17:00:41 BST 2002

On Sun, 13 Oct 2002 13:32:02 +0200, Bo Berglund wrote:

> Are there impersonation problems for pserver when the CVSNT server is
> a member of a domain?

No, it's identical except it queries the DC for the information about
the user.

You don't have 'Use local users instead of domain' checked?  In that case
the 'bob' that's used would a local (to the server) 'bob' rather than a
domain 'bob'.

> What I need is for the setupmgr to connect through pserver in order to
> get a way to include the password in the script and so have the whole
> export done from within a batch file irrespective of who runs the
> batchfile.
> I planned on using something similar to:
> set CVSROOT=:pserver:setupmgr:<his password>@server:/repository
> cvs export ....

You could use the user@ syntax of sspi, which works the same a pserver (of
course it's got to be told the password of an active user by 'login' so
that might not be useful depending on your security needs).