[cvsnt] Problem with -m option for add command

thierry.vermeersch at nl.abb.com thierry.vermeersch at nl.abb.com
Tue Oct 15 09:53:38 BST 2002

Hi,

I'm a bit of a new user, so maybe I am missing something here, but I cannot
get the -m option for add to work.

I basically create a new file , save it , add it and then commit it: but
the description stays emtpy.

This is an example of what I tried:

C:\CVS\pmllib>dir > dirlist.txt

C:\CVS\pmllib>cvs add -m "Directory listing" dirlist.txt
cvs server: scheduling file `dirlist.txt' for addition
cvs server: use 'cvs commit' to add this file permanently

C:\CVS\pmllib>cvs commit -m "Original file" dirlist.txt
RCS file: D:/cvs/cvsrepo/TEST/pmllib/dirlist.txt,v
done
Checking in dirlist.txt;
D:/cvs/cvsrepo/TEST/pmllib/dirlist.txt,v  <--  dirlist.txt
initial revision: 1.1
done

C:\CVS\pmllib>cvs log dirlist.txt

RCS file: D:/cvs/cvsrepo/TEST/pmllib/dirlist.txt,v
Working file: dirlist.txt
head: 1.1
branch:
locks: strict
access list:
symbolic names:
keyword substitution: kv
total revisions: 1;     selected revisions: 1
revision 1.1
date: 2002/10/15 06:39:54;  author: Administrator;  state: Exp;
Original file

Any ideas?

Thierry