[cvsnt] Re: mapped network drives as the repository

John Peacock jpeacock at rowman.com
Wed Oct 16 20:33:10 BST 2002

Sunny Ouyang wrote:
> Hi Everyone,
> Can anyone know that we can use the mapped network drives as the repository?
> I would appreciate it if anyone knows it.  Thanks!

YES you can (with difficulty), but NO you shouldn't.  It is likely that you
would suffer corruption to the repository at some point.  It is much safer to
make sure the repository is a local drive on the cvsnt server.

What is that you are actually trying to do?  The odds are good that you only
_think_ you need the repository on a shared drive.

John

--
John Peacock
Rowman & Littlefield Publishing Group