[cvsnt] Re: surprising stubborn behavior on commit and unedit

Tony Hoyle tmh at nodomain.org
Thu Oct 17 23:31:18 BST 2002

On Thu, 17 Oct 2002 18:52:08 +0200, Olaf Groeger wrote:

> Hello,
>

> This is not really catastrophic, but we recently switched with one project
> to cvs and the trust in this sourcecode revision system is still not
> popular in the team. So i want to avoid that this further decreases.
> Did i managed anything wrong ?

Forget about 'edit' and 'unedit' on source files and just let CVS do
what it does well...  For binaries make sure you're using 'edit -c' and
'commit -c', or (better) avoid storing binaries under source control if
you can.

In the first case it sounds like the files weren't committed because they
were identical to what was already in the repository.