[cvsnt] Re: Using SSPI on a CVSNT server with WinCvs???

algoz algoz at netcabo.pt
Mon Oct 21 23:57:49 BST 2002

Hi Bo,

I'm not sure if this is the best approach (or even a correct one), but it
works for me.
I've always used SSPI authentication with encription...
Anyway, what I did was:
  * define a CVSROOT environment variable (once, in a CMD prompt window),
with all the settings I need
  * issue a "cvs login" command
  * and then, enter the password, as prompted by cvs.
And it works... The password for your server is stored in the Win-Registry,
once for each server you use.
Also, I always redirected WinCVS command line to CVSNT... (just to keep up
with Tony's great work).
No more I had to worry about passwords for my server: WinCvs always gets
connected.
And if I need to do it on another computer (not my own), I always issue a
"cvs logout" at the end (with the same CVSROOT env-var)
and it clears any unwanted passwords from the machine.

HIH,
Eduardo

news:3db40d31.545482642 at news.cvsnt.org...