[cvsnt] repository on the D:\ drive

Trond Kvarenes trond at logit-systems.com
Thu Oct 31 15:21:29 GMT 2002

Hello.
We are using pserver and repository on the D:\ drive.
First we were not using repository prefix. On my computer everything worked
fine, but on all computers with the CD-rom on the D-drive they were getting
messages about .perm and .owner. When they committed their changes, cvs
added all code twise. When they put in a data CD in the cd rom drive
everything worked fine. I got a tip about using repository prefix to
overcome the problem, but this only removed the error messages. The problem
whith commiting changes remains. And now it doesn't even help putting a CD
in the drive.
Is there really no other way out of this than to not use prefix and have a
data CD in the cd rom at all times?
(This is more of a win2000 question, but still...)
Does anyone know if it is possible to change the CD-rom drive letter? If we
could do that, it would work i guess.

/Trond