[cvsnt] Install of cvsnt 1.11.1.3 57h

Oliver Giesen ogware at gmx.net
Tue Sep 3 15:25:21 BST 2002

> I installed cvsnt 1.11.1.3 57f at work with no problem both locally and
> on a domain server using pserver and domain authentication.

I guess this is a typo? Your subject says 57h...

<.snip.> (sorry, no idea)
> Could this have been broken when removing ntserver support?

Erm, wait a minute! I haven't installed 57h myself yet but I definitely was
under the impression that :ntserver: would only be removed in the 1.11.1.4
builds!

So, if it's really gone in 57h already: Could someone maybe point me to some
good docs on migrating from :ntserver: to :sspi: now? I have already made
the move for my local repositories (by simply exchanging :ntserver: with
:sspi: in the CVSROOT) but haven't been able to make :sspi: work to/from a
remote machine. The main problem seems to be figuring out how the server
sees my username (capitalization, domain prefix, etc.). In whichever
combination I was able to think of I always get a "You are not a known user"
message (or something to that extent at least) when trying to add myself via
cvs passwd...

Oliver
JID: ogiesen at jabber.org
ICQ: 18777742