[cvsnt] CVSNT questions

Tony Hoyle tmh at nothing-on.tv
Wed Sep 4 21:41:41 BST 2002

On Wed, 04 Sep 2002 16:17:35 +0000, Benyaker, Lorri wrote:

> 		On D: there is d:\cvs\repos  I'm trying to add a repository
> called tools..  By using the cvsNT admin tool -> repositories -> Add if I
> type in /cvs/repos/tools I get the error can't create the directory..  If I
> type in d:\cvs\repos\tools it works fine.    However the developers will be
> using Unix thus we want the relative path. Something about unix interpreting
> the d:\.   I have this working using the /cvs/repos/tools definition on
> another server (see #2 below) but the other server has the repos area on the
> c:\ drive - a thing cvsNT seems emotionally attached to and wants to add it
> there anyway.

Set a repository prefix to avoid this (or use cvsnt clients on the Unix
machines).

>  The impersonation key in the registry
> is set to 0...

This disables user-based file permissions (all access is done as SYSTEM).
It's a security risk to do this if your machine is accessible via the
internet, however it should be OK over a LAN.

> The unix users are access the server via setting up their
> CVSROOT=:pserver:domainname\NTUserID at IPADDRESS:/cvs/repos/tools  problem is
> users without access rights to the area can type that puppy in and still do
> stuff via command line but not with the WINCVS tool..  Any ideas?

No idea why WinCVS should behave differently...