[cvsnt] problems with edit/commit -c

Jerzy Kaczorowski jerzyk at wndtabs.com
Tue Sep 17 19:58:54 BST 2002

>You might think so (and I would tend to agree), but try explaining that to
a user who is accustomed to using >RCS/PVCS/SourceUnsafe/whatever.

Why would I have to waste my "precious" time doing that? ;)

There is a manual, and they can read it. There is no need to break the tool
just because of the merge-phobia, they will learn or go away - a win-win
situation ;)

Seriously thought, there is no need to worry too much, people adjust quite
easily. After we removed locking from WinCvs there is really very small
amount of complain or even interest in the locking. That indicates that
people can deal with concurent development if they only get a chance.
Typically they get overwhelmed by the supporters of locking and have no
chance to even try. Source Safe, for example, allows concurent developlemnt,
but typically it's not enabled for the "fear of merge". I would hate to see
the same happen to CVSNT...

Best Regards,
Jerzy