[cvsnt] CVSNT impersonation / setup help needed

Benyaker, Lorri LBenyaker at seic.com
Tue Sep 17 22:31:22 BST 2002

	If someone who has done this could email me I'd appreciate any help/ideas.  I thought I had it setup correctly yet it appears I don't can someone give me some steps for getting the following setup (I've read the readme, & install tips yet odd things keep happening)

	Trying to setup CVSNT (1.11.1.3 build57i) with impersonation on a WINNT2000 server.  I will not be using password files but allowing the NT authorities as setup in NT groups to do the access writes.

	D:\cvsrepos - repository area - system user has full control, users have full control on repositories residing under this directory.
	    d:\cvsrepos\repo1
	    d:\cvsrepos\repo2

	C:\cvsnt - software
	C:\cvs\locks  & c:\cvs\temp are set & users & system has full control.

	If I have Impersonation turned on in the CVSNT tool my users setup as Admins get:  can't create temporary directory C:\cvs\temp/cvs-serv532 permission denied.  If I uncheck this option they work okay - thus I've had to leave this off.

	User System has create token ability.
	NT User groups local to the server have various role:
	  cvs_admn - has full access to all directories

	I upgraded to  build57i because the I was getting server crashes with "waiting for unknown user ... "  messages at the client side after a user without NT permissions was able to access the server and did a checkout request..

	I have client using WINCVS (latest version) and also have users doing command line that seem to be able to import despite not having NT authority.  When I added NT auditing it appears as though through wincvs the impersonation was working but at the command line system was doing to work.

	Command line users are performing the following steps:  set CVSROOT=:pserver:ntdomainserver\userid at 10.2222.222.2222:/repo1  then CVS login and they can basically do what they want.

	LBenyaker