[cvsnt] Anyone got :gserver: working from Linux to Win2K ?

Jon Rabone jon.rabone at criticalblue.com
Thu Sep 19 16:23:49 BST 2002

Tony,

> It could just be strace giving the wrong information...
> the TCP/IP connection code is generic and definately works as
> I use it all the time.

The bug is specific to the UNIX port with MIT Kerberos, and applies if
you have cvspserver listed in /etc/services. If that is the case, the
gserver_get_port function returns the wrong answer:

In protocols/gssapi_mit/gserver.c, line 356:

   if((ent=getservbyname("cvspserver","tcp"))!=NULL)
   {
      sprintf(p,"%u",ent->s_port);
                     ^^^^^^^^^^^^ should be ntohs(ent->s_port)
      return p;
   }

The manual page for "getservbyname" says:

 "... s_port The port number for the service given in network byte
order."

This is in version 1.11.1.3 (Daily Snapshot Build 57i) (the source code
link from www.cvsnt.org)

Fixing that gets me a little bit closer to getting it to work on Windows
2000. Now I have a Kerberos principal name mapping issue to
investigate...

HTH,

Jon.