[cvsnt] How to switch on/off pserver?

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at telia.com
Wed Sep 25 23:26:13 BST 2002

Since now also SSPI is using the TCP port it cannot be switched off to
stop people from using pserver with its inherent low security. The
switch has been removed from the control panel applet...
So how can I switch on/off support of the pserver protocol on the
CVSNT server?
If I make a port forward on the firewall in order to get SSPI through,
then automatically I will also open up pserver, which is exactly what
I don't want to do. I think there should be a registry switch or
something that controls this rather than removing some files the
protocol depends on. It would ease the handling.
Maybe there is already something like this available?

/Bo
(Bo Berglund, developer in Sweden)