[cvsnt] Newbie: remote login with sspi

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at telia.com
Tue Apr 1 00:13:02 BST 2003

I might add to the below that there is in fact a possibility for using
the cvs login with SSPI. This is done like this:
1) Set the cvsroot to :sspi:user at server:/repository or in your case
   :sspi:kalifeh at 137.82.2.80:/test

2) Now issue a cvs login command from the client and fill in the
password dialogue with the Windows password of that user.

Note that the passwd file does not store any passwords in the sspi
case, it simply acts as a filter to tell which logins are allowed to
use CVS. And this only holds true fore some authentication settings
(don't remember how to set these).

Anyway, with the user at server setting for sspi it is possible to act as
another user than the logged on user when dealing with the CVS server.
But the user you disguise yourself as must still be a valid system
user on the server, either locally or on the domain.

/Bo