RES: [cvsnt] keeping a checked out copy and slashes

Tony Hoyle tmh at nodomain.org
Tue Apr 1 13:51:59 BST 2003

Eduardo Mylonas wrote:
> And the checkout still doesn't work. Even if i try to checkout to a local
> directory: "cvs -d e:/cvsrepo/desenv co -d
> C:/Arquivosdeprogramas/cvsnt/cvscheckout Projeto"

You can't specifiy absolute paths as an argument to '-d'..  in
client/server it's explicitly blocked, and in local mode it looks like
it might work but never actually does.

As a general rule specifiying anything other than a subdirectory of the
current directory to the co -d option is a bad idea.

"When I am working on a problem I never think about beauty. I only think
  about how to solve the problem. But when I have finished, if the solution
  is not beautiful, I know it is wrong." -- Buckminster Fuller