[cvsnt] Re: cvs commit hangs when Visual SlickEdit views a file

Oliver Koltermann okoltermann at gmx.de
Wed Apr 2 11:56:55 BST 2003

tmh at nodomain.org (Tony Hoyle) writes:

> >S -> diff_exec(R:\TEMP\cvsD3.tmp,editjobdata.h,(null),(null),-a -n,R:\TEMP\cvsD4.tmp)
> >
> R:?  Surely you don't have the temp directory on a network drive...?

No. R: is the local harddisk of the Server. It is named like that for
reasons outside of CVSNT. The Repository as well as the TEMP directory
reside on this disk.

> There isn't much happens there - it just calls Diff, and writes the output.
> Unless there's something stopping the server from doing that, there's no
> particular reason why it would stop there.

I checked the files in the TEMP directory for their access rights but
found nothing special. The contents look alright also: The cvsD3.tmp
file is 0K because the other file was added on a branch. The
editjobdata.h is filled with the expected lines of code. The cvsD4.tmp
file is also there - with a timestamp of about 10 minutel later
(?!). Does that mean the diff_exec finished after 10 minutes?

Thanks,
  OK.