[cvsnt] How to know the SLOC

Kari Hoijarvi hoijarvi at me.wustl.edu
Wed Apr 2 15:00:14 BST 2003

Not integrated, but there sure must be a lot of scripts that already do it.

The main idea is to say "cvs diff" and scan. In python, the call is:

        inpipe, outpipe = os.popen4('cvs diff ' + optional_tag + ' ' +
filename)

where optional_tag is '-r tagname'  you want to compare to. After that, look
for
lines starting with '>' (added) or '<' (deleted).

The whole script is probably less work than writing emails in this thread
combined.
I wrote mine to calculate my PSP added/deleted LOC.

Kari