[cvsnt] Linux setup

Glen Starrett grstarrett at cox.net
Wed Apr 2 18:11:48 BST 2003

> I'm a little confused...are you running CVSNT as your cvs *server*?

Yes, I hope to, and use both the Linux box and my WinXP home machine as the
client both running the CVSNT client.  CVSNT has a number of features that
the stock RedHat CVS does NOT have--passwd file management, ls command, a
friendly mailing list, el.al.

(OK, that last one may be true of CVS also, I haven't checked).

I'm using CVSNT at work on my NT box, I wanted to use it at home--but my
server here is RH8 since I don't want to pony up $$$ for a NTServer license.
I know my MSDN license will not cover me forever!  How long does a "test"
really last, after all.

<OFF-TOPIC>
For those who don't know, the MSDN subscription covers 10 licenses of most
MS products for test purposes.  I've had a test setup here for a bit, but
since it's running on my own hardware and the time of the testing has
passed, I want to make sure I'm legal (I'm really NOT worried about MS
coming in and auditing me, it's the principal--like why I don't 'permanently
borrow' MP3 files from others, despite my dislike for the RIAA).  And, since
samba will do domain authentication for me, the only decision left is do I
go with RH8 like I have set up now or go for freeBSD which my UNIX admin
buddy is encouraging me to learn.
</OFF-TOPIC>

Glen Starrett