[cvsnt] cvs administration

Aaron Kynaston akynaston at novell.com
Wed Apr 9 20:35:36 BST 2003

WinCVS is simply the client to CVS.  As far as I understand it, only if
cvs is installed on a Liniux/Unix platform can you 'administer users';
which in that case they're simply standard Linux/Unix users.

We've used the beta version of WinCVS with no apparent problems - It's
really something you'd have to see for self - try a few basic commands
in it, and see if it is consistent, etc.

Does that awsner the question?

Aaron Kynaston
akynaston at novell.com
office: (801) 861-6709
cell: (801) 368-8633
fax: (801) 861-6778
Novell Inc., The leading provider in net services software.
www.novell.com

>>> "Janusz Racz" <janusz.racz at mail.goecon.net> 04/09/03 12:29PM >>>
Hi,
I am a cvs new user. I have Wincvs installed on my sandbox and CVSNT on
the server side. Can I administrate accounts remotely from WinCVS? I'd
like to create new account, reset passwords, create new repositories.

BTW: anyone has experiences with WinCVS 1.2 and 1.3.8.1 beta? Which
version is better stable 1.2 or 1.3 beta? I'll appreciate any
suggestions.
thanks
Janusz