[cvsnt] newbie: Cannot create repository

Glen Starrett grstarrett at cox.net
Wed Apr 9 22:31:14 BST 2003

You need to restart your server before you will be able to create a
repository.  There are other notes in the CVSNT documentation for
getting started in CVSNT, but I would strongly recommend reading through
the entire user's guide before going too far (so you understand where
your source code will be going and the implications of the different
storage mechanisms, etc. etc.).

Tony--Can you detect a new installation and force (or strongly
recommend) a reboot in the installer?  One of those "you must restart
your system to complete the installation...".  It's a frequent issue
that, with this partial remedy, at least the user will have some
indication what they need to do.

Hope this helps.

Glen Starrett.