[cvsnt] waiting for xxx's lock in xxx

Ian Epperson Ian at axiomdesign.com
Thu Apr 10 18:12:00 BST 2003

With the older servers (not using a lock server), locks are created with
lock files.  If you have impersonation turned on (as we do), and the
permissions aren't set correctly, you may find that a lock file is created
on a users behalf, but then the lock file cannot be deleted on the users
behalf.

Upgrading the server will not delete the locks in your repository.  That
will have to be done manually.  To ensure that no one is actually using it
at the time, it's a good idea to shut down the server before clearing the
locks.

I should have known better than to trust the logic of a half-sized
thermocapsulary dehousing assister...