[cvsnt] Re: CVS with VS.net

John Peacock jpeacock at rowman.com
Thu Apr 10 20:49:29 BST 2003

Glen Starrett wrote:
> Well, there is the aforementioned igloo, but it sounds shaky at best--I have
> not tried it based on the issues I've read here.

Then maybe you should try it.  The Igloo installer plus the beta files uses the
exact same commandline files that WinCVS or TortoiseCVS support, i.e. the latest
CVSNT files.  Once configured, Igloo makes CVS into a completely transparent
SCCS provider, and in fact works exactly like SourceSafe from within the IDE.
You shouldn't assume that just because there has been little development for a
long time that the tool is not usable.  We use it all day every day.

John