[cvsnt] Hang on Update

Shawn Nicholson t00kewlman at earthlink.net
Tue Apr 15 16:24:56 BST 2003

I have some users who are able to connect and update from my CVS repository
without a problem (including both of my machines.)  However, I also have a
couple users who are completely unable to download the latest update.
They're both using TortoiseCVS and when they try to use CVS Update, it will
just sit at that update window forever with no text or update information.

In trying to debug this problem, I had one of those users change their
CVSROOT to something invalid.  When we do that, he gets a connection error,
but when the CVSROOT is correct, he gets nothing.  He was able to use the
CVS.exe console app to do an update, but it won't work at all from within a
GUI app.  I would assume this is a problem in Tortoise, but the same thing
happens in WinCVS.

We're using the sspi protocol using the standard windows authorization.
We're all using Windows XP and the server is running on Windows XP.  I just
got the latest version of cvsnt a couple days ago (2.0.1a).

Anyone have any clue what's wrong?

Thanks,

Shawn Nicholson