FW: [cvsnt] History file

Keith D. Zimmerman kzimmerman at eshcom.com
Wed Apr 16 21:38:39 BST 2003

-----Original Message-----
From: Aaron Kynaston [mailto:akynaston at novell.com]
Sent: Wednesday, April 16, 2003 4:39 PM
To: Keith D. Zimmerman
Subject: RE: [cvsnt] History file

Good question . .that might be a Tony Hoyle question . I think he's the
cvsnt guy, and might know an awsner.

You can generate reports:
C:\>cvs history --help
history: invalid option -- -
Usage: cvs history [-report] [-flags] [-options args] [files...]

   Reports:
        -T              Produce report on all TAGs
        -c              Committed (Modified) files
        -o              Checked out modules
        -m <module>     Look for specified module (repeatable)
        -x [TOEFWUCGMAR] Extract by record type
        -e              Everything (same as -x, but all record types)
   Flags:
        -a              All users (Default is self)
        -l              Last modified (committed or modified report)
        -w              Working directory must match
        -D <date>       Since date (Many formats)
        -b <str>        Back to record with str in module/file/repos
field
        -f <file>       Specified file (same as command line)
(repeatable)
        -n <modulename> In module (repeatable)
        -p <repos>      In repository (repeatable)
        -r <rev/tag>    Since rev or tag (looks inside RCS files!)
        -t <tag>        Since tag record placed in history file (by
anyone).
        -u <user>       For user name (repeatable)
        -z <tz>         Output for time zone <tz> (e.g. -z -0700)

C:\>

But  . .to not let those events go in in the first place . . .that
might require nothing short of a pile of scripts to remove every line
that doesn't start with a commit command . .(don't know what it is off
hand.)

When you get your awsner though, would you mind posting it back on the
list?

Aaron Kynaston
akynaston at novell.com
office: (801) 861-6709
cell: (801) 368-8633
fax: (801) 861-6778
Novell Inc., The leading provider in net services software.
www.novell.com

>>> "Keith D. Zimmerman" <kzimmerman at eshcom.com> 04/16/03 02:25PM >>>
Any way to just knock certain actions out?  We are interested in
commits, for example, but not in checkouts...

keith d. zimmerman, mcsd
eagle solutions