[cvsnt] Help with Starting

AKM ariz at nospamarisetech.net
Sat Apr 19 07:53:25 BST 2003

Hi

Sorry for my ignorance but I am completely new to CVS and Source Control. I
have read the documentation but I am having trouble starting off, I'll give
a brief description of my service.

I have around 5 NT/2000 workstations and one XP pro Workstation; my main
server for running the internet proxy server is on a Win 2000 server. We are
not on any domain, we have our own workgroup and every machine belongs to
the workgroup. All users log on as administrator and the method of
identification of the user is through PC name.

I have installed the CVS server onto one of the Win 2000 server
workstations, this is not the server that host's the proxy but just a
worstation used by a user. I have installed wincvs and tortoise on my XP
home PC.

Now how do I create users on the CVS server using sspi or ssh? There are no
user names for logging on to the workgroup, just PC names, all users log on
as admin. How do I create a repository and just basically how do I start and
have 3 users use the repository.

I'm not getting much help from the docs for my kind of set-up. Should I use
Pserver? I don't need to distribute my repository over the internet or WAN.

Thanks so much in advance
Ariz