[cvsnt] update aborted there is a version already

Richard Wirth r.wirth at wirthware.de
Thu Apr 24 07:33:43 BST 2003

Hello Tony,

just build the latest stuff on my linux box...
When I do an update of cvsnt sandbox I get this error:

------
? rcs/.deps
? rcs/Makefile
? rcs/co
? rcs/rcsdiff
? rcs/rlog
? src/Client.txt.in
? src/Client.txt.out
? xdelta/.deps
? xdelta/Makefile
cvs server: Updating .
cvs server: Updating CA
cvs server: Updating HandleLogger
cvs server: Updating backends
cvs update: warning: server is not creating directories one at a time
cvs [update aborted]: there is a version in backends already

cvs version

***** CVS exited normally with code 0 *****

Concurrent Versions System (CVSNT) 2.0.2 (client/server)
Client: Concurrent Versions System (CVSNT) 2.1.1 (client/server)
Server:

------

this happens even when I removed the whole 'backends' dir before update
--
Best regards,
 Richard                          mailto:r.wirth at wirthware.de