[cvsnt] Trouble building cvsnt 2_0_x

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at telia.com
Sat Apr 26 22:46:10 BST 2003

On Sun, 27 Apr 2003 03:34:09 +0800, "Jerzy Kaczorowski"
<jerzyk at wndtabs.com> wrote:

>Bo,
>
>1. Checkout the code, I compiled HEAD with no problems but the branch should
>be OK as well
>2. Open the workspace file, I use VC60 and it builds fine with it.
>3. Start building and wait for errors. Remove the offending projects from
>the workspace, eg:
>
>-> You will get things like that:
>--------------------Configuration: sserver_protocol - Win32
>Release--------------------
>Compiling...
>sserver.c
>D:\_cvsnt_build\cvsnt\protocols\sserver.c(26) : fatal error C1083: Cannot
>open include file: 'openssl/ssl.h': No such file or directory
>Error executing cl.exe.
>
>-> Go to View->Workspace
>-> Change the tab to FileView.
>-> Find "sserver_protocol files" on the project view and select it.
>-> Click "Del" key, dialog will popup, confirm the removal
>4. Repeat the above until no projects left or until you are able to build.
>
>Hope that helps,
>Jerzy

Thanks Jerzy,
yes it did. I have no familiarity whatever in the VS IDE and could not
have figured out that I could delete the lines in the file view for
offending items. I had to get rid of the sserver_protocol files and
the genkey files, then it compiled finally.

And the whole exercise is really triggered by your request to test the
latest cvsnt to see if the strange output of cvs ver goes away.
I am happy to report that indeed it does, here is the result against
the cvsnt repository:

Client: Concurrent Versions System (CVSNT) 2.0.3 (client/server)
Server: Concurrent Versions System (CVSNT) 2.0.2 (client/server)

/Bo
(Bo Berglund, developer in Sweden)