[cvsnt] Re: Starting over

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at telia.com
Sun Apr 27 22:33:41 BST 2003

On Sun, 27 Apr 2003 17:13:54 +0000 (UTC), amodu at hotmail.com (Andre
Francois) wrote:

>Here is my newbie question.
>I am practicing the steps I will need to perform to start a project using
>CVS.
>I am using my network at home documenting the steps and then I'll perform
>them at work.
>I just imported a directory (heirarchy) into a cvsnt install and I want to
>repeat the process from scratch on the same server.  How do I completely
>remove this directory from cvsnt?

If you have access to the CVSNT server PC then you can navigate to the
repository folder using Windows Explorer and physically delete the
subfolder containing the imported module including all its files and
subfolders.
This will effectively remove all traces of the module from CVS.

>When I remove it how will this affect the client (WinCVS)?  Do I have to
>remove something from it as well?

If you have something checked out on the client side, then just use
the Windows Explorer and delete the whole module folder on the client
with its subfolders and files. This removes the module on the client
side too.

>Should I just uninstall cvsnt and reinstall to remove all signs of the
>repository and directory?

It won't help because since the install did not create your repository
and its files the uninstall will not remove them. They and the
registry settings still remain so that when you reinstall CVSNT you
are back where you started with the repository intact with the module
and all.
This is actually a very good thing because one can safely switch to
newer versiosn of CVSNT without worrying about destroying anything in
the repository.

HTH,

/Bo
(Bo Berglund, developer in Sweden)