[cvsnt] Feature request: Commitable tags

Oliver Giesen ogware at gmx.net
Mon Apr 28 14:11:40 BST 2003

> >BTW: What would happen if I do a checkout -f on a branch tag and then
commit
> >changes to a file that previously did not have that branch tag? Would the
> >branch automatically be created for that file?
>
> I'd expect it to commit to the trunk, but then it isn't something I've
tried
> so don't quote me on it.

That'd be quite irritating wouldn't it? I mean the file is listed in the
Entries file (and therefore in potential GUI frontends) under the checked
out branch name and there's no easy way to tell it doesn't actually carry
that tag. If I commit it I would expect it to be committed on that branch...

Well, long story short, I just tested and I actually get the error message:
"cvs server: Up-to-date check failed for `test.txt'". That's probably
consistent and I could very well live it but I also currently don't see much
of a risk in implementing the abovementioned functionality instead (possibly
controlled by another switch).

Cheers,

Oliver
JID: ogiesen at jabber.org