[cvsnt] CVSNT and Eclipse

Yann-Gaël Guéhéneuc guehene at info.emn.fr
Mon Apr 28 15:57:53 BST 2003

    Hello,

    I am kind of a newbie to CVSNT and I am trying to use it with Eclipse. I
have a couple of remarks:
- First, I installed CVSNT v2.0.2 and I could not create a repository: I add
a repository with the GUI (following the out-of-date instructions from the
Wiki) and when I press "Okay", CVSNT would fail stating that the command
"cvs -d <The path of my repostory>" failed.
- Then, I installed CVSNT v2.0.0 and it did not work either.
- Then, I installed CVSNT v1.11.1.3-77a. This time, I created a repository
and everything went fine except that when commiting a new folder from
Eclipse, the update would fail because it could not create a the
corresponding folder in the CVSROOT, I had to create it "by hand".
- Finally, I installed CVSNT v1.11.1.3-65 and everything is working fine (so
far). I created a repository, I connected Eclipse to it and I can now commit
and everything else without problem.

    Do you have any complement information or idea on why it works with
earlier version and not older?

    Thank you very much in advance.
    Yann

      Send food and drugs, no bombs
            www.endthewar.org
           www.nonviolence.org
   Together against the death penalty
         www.abolition-ecpm.org
"I have seen things  you people would not
believe.  Attack ships on  fire  off  the
shoulder  of  Orion.  I  watched  C-beams
glitter in the  dark near  the Tannhauser
gate.  All those  moments will be lost in
time like tears in the rain.
Time to die."
       Roy Batty - Blade Runner
       www.yann-gael.gueheneuc.net