[cvsnt] CVS Service definitively doesn't work

Marcos ncowfbx at pop.com.br
Tue Aug 5 05:50:18 BST 2003

Hello,

Please try to consider that I'm not a beginner with CVSNT (yes, I did it
work before sometimes), and that I tried a lot of solutions (actually, all
that I found in the Internet and all that I could imagine).
I don't speak english very well, so excuse me for the errors.

I installed the CVSNT service in my computer (XP Pro). The intention is to
be a simple repository because only I use it, only for my own projects, and
always from the localhost (127.0.0.1).

The problem is:
The service starts and runs ok, but it stops at every access that I try to
do. Even doing a telnet connection!

With command line I took:

C:\Documents and Settings\Edu>cvs login
Logging in to :pserver:edu at 127.0.0.1:2401:c:/CVSROOTDIR
CVS password: **********
cvs [login aborted]: Error reading from server 127.0.0.1: -1: No such file
or directory

Trying to connect inside Eclipse it says "Socket Exception: connection
reset".

Does anyone can help me?

Thanks,

Eduardo.