[cvsnt] -kb flag lost when forcing rev. when first committing

Viczai Gábor gviczai at icon.hu
Wed Aug 6 07:16:56 BST 2003

I've found a bug in CVSNT 2.0.2. Can anyone tell me where can I report it?

Symptom:

If the "force revision/branch" is specified (even when it is 1.1) when doing the first commit after adding a binary file, the -kb option is lost. The file is checked in as a cleartext file. Therefore the $xxx$ tags are replaced and the file size is changed making the file unusable.

E.g.:
cvs add -kb Converter.class
cvs server: scheduling file `Converter.class' for addition
cvs server: use 'cvs commit' to add this file permanently
***** CVS exited normally with code 0 *****
cvs commit -m "no message" -r 1.2 Converter.class

Workaround:

1. Check in the file without the force rev/branch option. The file will get the 1.1 revision.

2. Commit again and specify the requested revision this time. Any further commits will work.