[cvsnt] Re: ls -r tag-R module -> "Too many open files"

Dirk Fieldhouse fieldhouse at logica.com
Fri Aug 8 12:59:14 BST 2003

Tony Hoyle wrote:

> On Fri, 8 Aug 2003 10:06:47 +0000 (UTC), fieldhouse at logica.com (Dirk
> Fieldhouse) wrote:

> >I get the same results if I turn it off, which would suggest that there is
> >some reason why the CVSNT service is ignoring the lock server (set up with
> >defaults, eg port 2402).
> >
> It doesn't use it by default - you have to enable it in CVSROOT/config.

Thanks, Tony. Sorry, it's a while since I originally installed this
repository, and it doesn't have the lock server enabled.

But after committing the CVSROOT/config file with

LockServer=localhost

and restarting the services, I still get the 'Too many open files'
message, although the server no longer aborts after waiting for a lock, so
there are a lot more of them.

I'm reasonably sure that the lock service is working on this repository
now because I can now commit files without write permission to the
repository.

regards
/df