[cvsnt] how to login from cmd shell script ?

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at system3r.se
Fri Aug 8 17:15:05 BST 2003

On Thu, 7 Aug 2003 21:45:12 -0700, "Ian Huynh" <ianh at hubspan.com>
wrote:

>> I would like to automate getting files and committing file
>> from/into CVS in a CMD script.
>> However, the cvs login always prompt for a password.

in the batch (cmd) file put this first:
set CVSROOT=:sspi:username:userpassword at cvsserver:/Repository
then you can use commands like cvs export that do not work on already
checked out sandboxes. We do this to automate the release builds. The
batch file sets up a root as above (for a readonly user), then cvs
exports the source tree and then builds the release.

If you are working in a checked out sandbox there is no need for a cvs
login.
I think that you can use the same principle as above also for pserver
protocol.

/Bo Berglund