[cvsnt] Re: Log of commits

Oliver Giesen ogware at gmx.net
Mon Aug 11 12:00:52 BST 2003

> I use WinCVS and have tried using "Build Changelog". The output is similar
> to what I need, but I cannot filter the results using a branch or tags
that
> I want. I do not know Pyhton or Tcl so I could not figure out how I could
> modify the script myself :(

A patched version of that macro has been submitted to SF some time ago
(#749533), which will do pretty much what you request AFAICT:
http://sf.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=749533&group_id=10072&atid=310072

Note though that you will lose some of the original functionality when you
replace the original with the patched macro, most notably the ability to
update an existing ChangeLog (i.e. the log will always be refetched
completely). I will very probably incorporate this patch at some point but
the current state of the patched macro also does several things I do not
quite agree with (also see the discussion accompanying the patch).

Hope this helps.

Oliver
------
In everybody's best interest, please do not post or CC technical questions
me in private unless they are specifically about a macro/product of mine
that is NOT already bundled with WinCvs.
JID:  ogiesen at jabber.org
ICQ:  18777742
     (http://wwp.icq.com/18777742)