[cvsnt] Repeat issue: Export doesnt work properly anymore (2.0.4 and 2.0.8)

Bo Berglund Bo.Berglund at system3r.se
Tue Aug 12 17:08:44 BST 2003

Tony,
below is a copy from a message thread in June where I complained about the new
2.0.x version breaking the way export worked before with the -N flag.
Specifically the -N flag is supposed to expand the directory structure of the
exported module but it does not anymore and all of our build scripts break
as a consequence. Everything exports to top level dir now where previously
it exported to the module folder structure.

Example:
cvs export -r HEAD -d WSMDB-CS -N Drivers/sentinel
is supposed to put files into:
WSMDB-CS/Drivers/Sentinel and below depending on the depth of the module
but it comes out into WSMDB-CS/ instead...

My problem is still here with the 2.0.8 I grabbed today so I am wondering
which will be the "next" release when the export -N functionlaity is restored?
The only old version I have available is b72 and this works correctly.

On Wed, 25 Jun 2003 13:37:32 +0200, "Bo Berglund" <Bo.Berglund at system3r.se>
wrote:

>Tony,
>I just upgraded my server and client to 2.0.4 and now my automatic setup
>build sripts do not work anymore!
>

>Please check into this because as things are now we can no longer make
>our setups safely!

Try:

cvs export -r HEAD -d WSMDB/Redist Redist/MSDE2000

-N is just shorthand for that anyway...   I'll fix -N on the next release.