[cvsnt] Re: Windows 2000 File Permissions and remote access protocols

Jim B. none at none.com
Tue Aug 12 20:57:53 BST 2003

Hi all,

I've experimented a little more and have an interim solution. The CVS
repository directory was created under the Administrator account. The
cvsservice and CVS Lock Service run as Windows Services, and thus are owned
by default by the SYSTEM user. SYSTEM evidently has insufficient privileges
When I changed the owner of the service to administrator, I was able to
access the config file and use the pserver remote access method.

In the hope this may help other users, I'll post any additional information
regarding file permissions for the other access methods (ntserver, sspi) in
due course.

Thanks to Glen Starrett and Ian Epperson for their timely and expert
assistance.

Yours truly,
Jim B.

news:bhb74s$6qa$1 at sisko.local.nodomain.org...