[cvsnt] Repeat issue: Export doesnt workproperlyanymore(2.0.4and 2.0.8)

Bo Berglund Bo.Berglund at system3r.se
Wed Aug 13 12:44:33 BST 2003

OK, I can reproduce this as well. I have uninstalled CVSNT from my laptop
(I will not use the server for these tests). Then reinstalled 2.0.8 and
verified proper functioning.
I have a repository in C:\cvsrepo\test which is served by the server using
repository prefix as /test.
Here I have a module AdamTest with a subdir Doc contianing some files.
What I have done is described in the following copied from a command
window in a new empty folder c:\tmp\cvstst :

C:\tmp\cvstst>set CVSROOT=:local:c:/cvsrepo/test

C:\tmp\cvstst>cvs export -r HEAD -d EXP -N AdamTest/Doc
cvs export: Updating EXP/AdamTest/Doc
U EXP/AdamTest/Doc/Test file with spaces.txt
U EXP/AdamTest/Doc/readme.txt

C:\tmp\cvstst>set CVSROOT=:sspi:welebobe:/TEST

C:\tmp\cvstst>cvs export -r HEAD -d EXP2 -N AdamTest/Doc
cvs export: Updating EXP2
U EXP2/Test file with spaces.txt
U EXP2/readme.txt

C:\tmp\cvstst>set CVSROOT=""

C:\tmp\cvstst>cvs -d :sspi:welebobe:/test export -r HEAD -d EXP3 -N AdamTest/Doc
cvs export: Updating EXP3
U EXP3/Test file with spaces.txt
U EXP3/readme.txt

C:\tmp\cvstst>cvs -d c:/cvsrepo/test export -r HEAD -d EXP4 -N AdamTest/Doc
cvs export: Updating EXP4/AdamTest/Doc
U EXP4/AdamTest/Doc/Test file with spaces.txt
U EXP4/AdamTest/Doc/readme.txt

Note that when I set the protocol to :local: and specify the full path to the
repository the export command works one way and if I use :sspi: it works the
other way. Also using the cvs -d command line parameter works the same way.
The complete dialogue including the setting of the CVSROOT environment
variable is shown above, there is nothing else I had to do except this.

/Bo