[cvsnt] Fw: Changing history (admin -m)

Tony Hoyle tmh at nodomain.org
Wed Aug 13 15:33:29 BST 2003

On Wed, 13 Aug 2003 10:10:30 -0400, "Phil Rittenhouse"
<Phil.Rittenhouse at dspfactory.com> wrote:

>What I'm hoping for is something like the loginfo
>support for commits, where users would receive email
>whenever the log was changed.  Ideally the email would
>include the before and after log.

I don't think even historyinfo gets fired for admin commands - since they
write directly to the RCS files they're not really considered part of CVS.

It's better to generate a new log (by using commit -f on the file) than try to
modify an old one, unless it's something trivial like a spelling error.