[cvsnt] Baseline and lock files

hodgen he hodgen.he at bleum.com
Fri Aug 15 10:47:43 BST 2003

 All,

 After I baselined the CIs, I want to lock some CIs to let only some person
can modify them.

 Before I use pserver, I think that can't afford enough permission control.

 So I change to SSPI and log onto cvs server with my domain password.

 I want to set the file permission on cvs server with NTFS to control but
failed.

 For example:

 CMTest repository has a folder named test. Under test there is a file named
hello.txt.

 I found the default permission is everyone has full control.

 If I add my account and set him only read permission on hello.txt, I still
can modify and commit the change.

 If I remove the everyone account on hello.txt, the same.

 But if I remove the everyone account on test directory, I can't commit the
change.

 Then if I add my account with modify permission on hello.txt, I also can't
commit the change.

 It seems that all the directory is locked and the permission is controlled
by everyone account.

 How to do?

 Thanks.