[cvsnt] Baseline and lock files

Bo Berglund Bo.Berglund at system3r.se
Fri Aug 15 13:01:58 BST 2003

The easiest way is to create Active Directory usergroups for certain purposes.
Then you attach the permissions on the repository based on these groups.
After this it is simple to move persons from one group to another without
messing with the repository again.
First you have to disable the permission inheritance for the repository.
Then remove Everybody etc, and just add the users/groups you need and set
their permissions to full control or readonly as you like.
Then go down into the repository folders and modify the permissions according
to how you like them to be.

CVSNT must be set up for impersonation so that it will perform its file actions
as the conected user. Now the user permissions will be used on the files and you
have reached the point where you can set readonly or readwrite for any group/user
to any folder/file you like.

/Bo